[OSM-talk] Cyclofix project

Pieter Fiers pieter at pfiers.net
Wed Jul 29 17:41:06 UTC 2020

Dear OSM community,

My name is Pierre Barban. A team composed of three very motivated students, including myself, and lead by two active members of the OSMbe, have been mandated by the region of Brussels, Belgium, to create a map gathering all kind of data related to cycling. Without a doubt, OpenStreetMap was the perfect tool for us to create a powerful platform that would sustain over the years.

In the framework of month-long online code camp organized by the non-profit [Open Knowledge Belgium](https://be.okfn.org/), we have been able to establish the first version of the [tool](https://cyclofix.osm.be/map/), organized a [mapathon](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5dVjDt5QAE) to collect data, and create a complete [website](https://cyclofix.osm.be/) to document the entire making process.

In accordance with the OSM core values, it would be very valuable for our project as well as our individual learning process to receive as many constructive comments from the community as possible. If you're interested in more details about the project, we will be giving an [online presentation](https://www.eventbrite.be/e/open-summer-of-code-2020-demo-day-live-streaming-registration-112787885602) tomorrow July 30, 2020 at 1pm CEST. We will be available to directly discuss after the presentation to receive feedback in order to keep improving our project. Other related project from our program, [Open Summer of Code](https://osoc.be/), like the Bike Data Project - which aims to collect and share cyclist commute data in an opened way - will also be presented to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information,

thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Pierre Barban, from the Cyclofix project.

Sent by Pieter Fiers [<pieter at pfiers.net>](mailto:pieter at pfiers.net), another student of the team.

Pierre Barban

University Panthéon-Sorbonne Paris I – Class of 2020
Masters in Economics of Sustainable Development
pierre.barban at gmail.com | +33 7 68 72 92 54