[OSM-talk] Toward resolution of controversies related to iD

Stefano sabas88 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:08:40 UTC 2020

Il giorno mar 9 giu 2020 alle ore 10:06 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>
ha scritto:

> We are having this discussion because the assumption that if someone is
> a good programmer they will also be good with gauging the will of the
> OSM community has proven wrong; iD is a good editor but the iD team has
> too often treated the community with contempt (to the point of openly
> violating the code of conduct that the iD team had given themselves) and
> ignored valid concerns. The relationship hence cannot continue on trust
> alone.
>
> IIRC developers tried to approach the tagging list in the past
but since the tagging process is broken they were expecting the community
to fix this.
What's the outcome of the discussion we had in Heidelberg?

What if we, as a community, can give clear instructions on tagging
and letting developers follow the documentation
instead of regulating software development?
The concerns are moved usually by a part of the community,
not the whole of it unless there's a clear consensus.

> Bye
> Frederik

Ciao,
Stefano