[OSM-talk] our Q&A site help.openstreetmap.org is dying

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:29:52 UTC 2020

On 20/05/2020 22:43, Lester Caine wrote:
> On 20/05/2020 20:32, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Not copying past answers, at least the last two years or so, would mean
>> we'd have to write all these answers again because the questions will
>> inevitably be asked.
>
> I'm with you on that ... I've seen far too much material simply
> ditched because it been to difficult to 'recover' it after systems
> stopped working.
>
> So where would I head to get my hands on an XML dump of the current
> data to see if I can push it into the copy of Q2A I've just set up ...

On that specific question - if you haven't already had a private reply
-  I'd ask the system admins directly?

More generally I presume there would be a bunch of requirements that the
admins would have about any new system to be hosted at
openstreetmap.org, so presumably it'd be worth making sure that anyone
looking after a migration knew what they were before putting significant
work into it.

Best Regards,

Andy