[OSM-talk] Panels, workshops, lightning talks and more at SotM

Christine Karch christine at hermione.de
Sun Jun 14 14:08:23 UTC 2020

Hi all,

as most of you likely already know, SotM 2020 [1] will be a virtual
conference [2]. Nevertheless, in addition to regular talks, there will
also be lightning talks and self organised sessions. Of course, the
format of those will be quite a bit different:

 * Lightning talks: As usual, those will be short ~5 minute talks.
However, these talks have to be pre-recorded and uploaded before 28 June
2020. You can find more information about this and the registration for
lightning talks on the OSM wiki [3]. We're also providing a short
tutorial about the production of such pre-recorded talks [4] that is
based on OBS Studio [5].

 * Self organised sessions: These will be done as audio or video
conferences - which many of you are probably quite used to by now. More
information can also be found on the OSM wiki [6] where we have also
prepared a howto for these sessions [7].

   If you happen to run a Jitsi, BigBlueButton or Mumble instance that
could be used to run these sessions during the SotM conference, please
add it to the list of public servers [8]. Thanks!

We're very much looking forward to your lightning talk and self
organised session submissions for the virtual SotM 2020 :)!

Christine

[1] https://2020.stateofthemap.org/
[2]
https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2020/03/27/sotm-2020-will-be-a-virtual-conference/