[OSM-talk] Facebook acquires crowdsourced mapping company Mapillary

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 13:38:45 UTC 2020

Hello Martin,

In theory, it could work in urban areas as well as off-road. There's nothing technically preventing it doing so, it's just that up to now I have chosen to focus on off-road.

However if there's a real interest an alternate fully-FOSS StreetView like application as an alternative to Mapillary and others, then I'm quite happy to take street panoramas.

Nick