[OSM-talk] Facebook acquires crowdsourced mapping company Mapillary

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Sat Jun 20 09:43:14 UTC 2020

Hello Florian,

Yes - I have to admit that's partly why I've been focusing on walking trails only in my own project (aside from the fact that I have a particular interest in waling trails), the storage requirements are not going to ramp up so quickly.

I have to admit I haven't considered how exactly a fully open source StreetView would be funded - other people would be better-placed than myself to think of solutions to this - but was just floating the idea as a nice-to-have.

Nick