[OSM-talk] Paid mapping

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 00:25:39 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 4:12 PM Mateusz Konieczny via talk <
talk at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Jun 23, 2020, 00:07 by miketho16 at gmail.com:
>
> "except for the preceding, we follow OSM community norms."
>
> This should be enough to ban of all their mapping accounts until changing
> their plan
> (I assume that they either backtracked that or stopped editing)

They said that they were going to do some additional training for their
staff.  They did give some indication they would make some changes, but I
didn't follow up. Part of the problem is that another, non local, mapper
got really enthusiastic a couple of years ago about changing all unpaved
roads to highway=track.  Amazon Logistics people see this, and if they are
adding a road, they perhaps compare it to the existing content nearby, and
try to mimic that tagging.

Mike