[OSM-talk] Facebook acquires crowdsourced mapping company Mapillary

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Jun 29 09:10:41 UTC 2020

.. sorry, perhaps I was not clear there in my description of the proposed TrekView software ('TrekView Explorer') and its relationship with imagery providers. It will allow users to upload sets of 360 panoramas, refine them (e.g. correct the orientation, adjust their position), tag them, and then submit them to providers such as StreetView, Mapillary and OpenTrailView. It will also provide general information such as how to make the best use out of the various brands of 360 camera (e.g. which ones  include bearing and which ones do not).

Users will also be able to save their panorama sets for later use.

Nick