[OSM-talk] #AttributionIsNotOptional experiment on OSM France tile servers

Mario Frasca mario at anche.no
Sun Mar 8 15:42:13 UTC 2020

Hi Michael and Christian,

I don't know if there's any other way than going through imagemagick, if
that's the only way, then sure it would cause extra work on (y)our
servers.  if that's too much, let the server manager measure and decide.

my approach was trying to find a solution to the problem raised by Simon
Poole, not to deface any web site relying on OSM.  or we would put the
wrongdoing on our side.

but then, that was what just »I would probably do« … maybe after half an
hour spent on trying to do it this way, I would fall back to Christian's
way.

"whatever works"

btw, Christian, you are measuring the effects of your action, and the
timings.  you started with 20 "abusers", you got immediate effect on
some, then you added the email address in the tile, and got more
results, how far are you now?  and what further steps does your team plan?

ciao,

Mario