[OSM-talk] #AttributionIsNotOptional experiment on OSM France tile servers

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Mar 8 19:33:33 UTC 2020

Mar 8, 2020, 16:42 by mario at anche.no:

> not to deface any web site relying on OSM.  or we      would put the wrongdoing on our side.

Enforcing attribution requirements is not wrongdoing.

It is something that we should do more, and this specific method is very friendly.
Map is mostly functional and they have chance to fix the problem
and get back their free tiles fully functional.

And site relying on OSM is obligated to attribute OSM.

OSM France is not obligated to provide free tile servers,
especially to people violating OSM license.