[OSM-talk] Announcing Daylight Map Distribution

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:19:39 UTC 2020

It's fair to point out that "no malicious vandalism or unintentional errors" is overdoing it, no one can claim 100% on this.

But "you don't really know what you're talking about" is a rude thing to say. And expressing a belief that FB is not capable of doing this to a small, or even large degree, is not based on any factual inquiry of what they've done.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 04:06:05 PM EDT, Marc M. <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

Michal Migurski wrote
> Only those edits which have been validated to contain no malicious vandalism or unintentional errors so we can show them in our display maps

I get the impression that you don't really know what you're talking
about. There are many "complaints" that FB does not respond enought
to community feedback. So to believe that FB is capable of validating
even the slightest change is naive at best.
I spend a lot of time checking every changeset in 2 comfort zones, I
regularly detect anomalies, but to know if it is correct or not takes time.

Regards,
Marc