[OSM-talk] fixme=name

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:40:36 UTC 2020

John,
I created a bunch of those a few years back, when I was still young(er) and
(more) naive. Someone had gone and mapped a bunch of villages with the
equivalent of name=village. Instead of just removing the name, I also added
a fixme to highlight the issue. Someone did point out after the fact that
that was useless - I just hadn't realized it.

Op do 12 mrt. 2020 om 14:12 schreef john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com>:

> I'm seeing a fair number of settlements with this fixme tagged on them and
> I'm not sure what the logic is.
>
> I would have thought it is fairly simple to search for place=village
> without a name tag or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks John

Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn