[OSM-talk] Proposed new status for tags in the wiki: "import" for undiscussed tags that were only used by an import

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Wed Mar 18 01:50:20 UTC 2020

See, data always have a backstory.  Thinking you know what it is, or that you can improve upon OSM by erasing existing data that has a backstory, hmmm, give that one a good, long think first before you do anything.  Discuss with others, research, think about past, present and even future data/tagging schemes that might truly improve what you attempt to improve.  Doing this is complex and deserves complex treatment, not a gloss-over and quick action.

SteveA