[OSM-talk] OSM is not the place for dissemination of authoritative data sets

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 19:17:37 UTC 2020

> How would a mapper performing imports via RapiD comply with the import guidelines?
By complying with the guidelines before setting up an import process that leveraged RapiD for conflation.
Mikel

On Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:28 AM, Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com> wrote:

 On 3/19/2020 7:57 AM, Mikel Maron wrote:

There is nothing here about circumventing our well defined import guidelines, or disrespecting our basic tenets.

The blog post says "The process of creating an import is too onerous for many users" and "Our hope is that RapiD can become a tool that’s simple enough for anyone to import and verify new data sets."

How would a mapper performing imports via RapiD comply with the import guidelines?

Jason