[OSM-talk] OSM is not the place for dissemination of authoritative data sets

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:00:42 UTC 2020

>  But this thread is from Facebook trying to change that. To side step imports.

No they're not. It's a couple sections in a blog post that is being wildly misinterpreted.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

On Friday, March 20, 2020, 02:18:54 PM EDT, Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org> wrote:

On 19/03/2020 20:15, Mikel Maron wrote:

> This whole thread is blown out of proportion, and rehashing old
> theoretical debates about imports that are more or less resolved in
> practice.

Yes, we have an import guideline. But this thread is from Facebook
trying to change that. To side step imports.

BTW the Etiqutte guidelines require you to assume all people here are
operating in good faith 😉