[OSM-talk] Changeset Governance [was: Announcing Daylight Map Distribution]

Sören Reinecke tilmanreinecke at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 24 09:44:08 UTC 2020

Hey,

thanks. I incorporated some of your annotations on the section
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Changeset/Governance#1._Differencing_between_survey_and_armchair_mapping
and simplified it. You're right, It's shades of gray because one has to
argue for himself/herself, if what she/he has done is survey- or
armchair mapping. That's why I think simplify should be kept in mind. I
also hope that editors will someday help mappers to create good
changeset comments and therefore providing a guide to mappers so they
can easily categorize their changesets and making it easier for others
to double check and to apply corrections where necessary and informing
the mapper of what has been done wrong and how to prevent that from
happening again.

Cheerio

Sören Reinecke alias Valor Naram