[OSM-talk] Examples at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Sun May 24 21:13:00 UTC 2020

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 08:47:38PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> For me its missing at least 2 points:
>
> - The "Ground truth" we tag restrictions only when visibly assigned and
>   verifyable.
> - To use access restrictions as simple and minimal as possible.

I put these in - I rephrased the pretty strong "You dont need any
ground truth" to - "We should follow ground truth and not introduce
guesswork" which is in clear line with OSM Best Common Practices.

And i rephrased the driveway private road to make it explcitly that
not all driveways need an access=private, just if there is a clear
intent of the legal entity e.g. owner to make it out of bounds.

Flo