[OSM-talk] Examples at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon May 25 12:00:44 UTC 2020

May 24, 2020, 18:06 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> sent from a phone
>

>> On 24. May 2020, at 12:16, Mateusz Konieczny via talk <talk at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>>
>> I just added some example at >> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access
>> and improved existing one.
>>
>> Review, and improving edits (or comments here) would be welcomed.
>>

> it’s a lot of text, are you sure it improves the page to add extensive prose examples?

Yes. I wanted to at least try making it accessible for people starting with OSM tagging.
Though if there is clear opinion that examples are not helpful for anybody I would be fine
with deleting it (though I am pretty sure that it is helpful at least for part of people,
I generally love examples in documentation of various kind and AFAIK I am not unique).

I reverted TOC move, so long text should be now have lower negative impact.

> I have for example noted you write about “private road” as if it would imply access controlled road, while the same term is commonly used also for roads in private ownership (but with public access rights). The  example in this case  seems to add more to the confusion than it removes.

This should be fixed now - can you look at it again?