[OSM-talk] OSM nicknames are Unicode characters? (not Ascii?)

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu May 28 15:18:05 UTC 2020

Practically all people in Russia studied a foreign language within the
compulsory education system. Usually it is English, French, or German.
How well they may know the language is debatable, however I am sure that
typing several Latin letters would not be a challenge.

Besides in such disciplines as mathematics or chemistry the Latin
letters are being used widely for variables in formulas, etc.
Customarily, a keyboard with the Russian layout has got also the Latin
letters on the keys (buttons) [1].

I do not know exactly about Japan and China, but I guess that it is
about the same there too.

[1]
https://www.pngfind.com/pngs/m/326-3264221_russian-keyboard-layout-norwegian-keyboard-layout-windows-hd.png