[OSM-talk] Examples of good paid mapping?

James james2432 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:06:41 UTC 2020

I've been paid in the past to do mapping for someone, but I was already an
active experienced osm mapper beforehand.

How to be successful:

 Listen to osm experts/community and not fight against them

Use existing tags on the wiki, don't invent your own

Verify data accuracy as much as you can, not dump data

When merging data, verify if data is older than yours, locals usually have
a better sense of what buildings/pois have been demolished/exist