[OSM-talk] Big Blue Button download

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Sep 17 21:16:04 UTC 2020

I was able to download the video(s). There's actually two of them, a separate video for the screenshare and one for the webcam which has the audio. In order for me to upload these as one integrated video to archive.org, I will need to post-process the video, mixing the sound and webcam stream with the screenshare, to get a result that is something like https://archive.org/details/maproulette-create-a-challenge-geojson. I assume there was similar post-processing involved for the SOTM videos? If you want to do this type of video regularly, that becomes a bit of a hassle, although of course not impossible.
I use Open Broadcasting Studio to compose the 'scene' you can see in the archive.org video. It lets you record and stream at the same time. Using only the recording function, I think a good solution would be to use BBB for the 'live' event but let OBS record in the background so I have something ready to upload for long-term availability elsewhere. Anyone with a better idea? I'm fairly new at this.
--
  Martijn van Exel
  m at rtijn.org