[OSM-talk] Tagging an abandoned path?

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Sun Sep 27 12:26:30 UTC 2020

Thanks for the replies, will probably go with something like overgrown=yes.

The path concerned has not been closed - it looks like a forestry track which was formerly used by vehicles but hasn't for many years. However, unlike many of the paths in the same area it doesn't appear to be popular as a 'desire path' and is definitely less pleasurable to negotiate than many of the others in the area. Just wanted some way of distinguishing this path from others in the area in active use, so that those seeking a 'nice walk in the woods' could avoid it!

Nick