[OSM-talk] Introducing SwiftAddress, an highly efficient way of collecting housenumbers

ipswichmapper at tutanota.com ipswichmapper at tutanota.com
Thu Apr 8 00:53:45 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

It has been quite a while since this original post, and I have implemented many of the features that I hoped to add. (for example there are three ways of adding housenumbers: pressing on the arrow keys in MainActivity, long pressing on the arrow keys and swiping up on the arrow keys. They all serve different purposes and two of then allow you to add housenumbers in one tap)

I might even consider adding it to app stores such as F-droid, now.

There are a few questions I still have though.

How would I upload data to OSM? The upload <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Upload> page does not mention anything about automatic uploads, and the API v0.6 page <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6> which seems to outline how to create and add data to changesets does not seem clear at all (not to mention I have no idea how to add notes).
If I were to upload data to OSM, how would I do verification checks (like JOSM). Currently the best solution I can think of is premptively downloading housenumber nodes/ways using Overpass API so that users can see when a housenumber has already been added (preventing duplication).
How do I implement Bing imagery? Looking in the JOSM imagery layers, it seems that Bing imagery does not have tms URL, but it has it's own "bing[22]:" url (which I have no clue how to parse into a slippy map). I have gotten other TMS imageries such as esri or mapbox working, however.

Thanks,
IpswichMapper​

--

22 Jan 2021, 11:25 by talk at openstreetmap.org: