[OSM-talk] Is anyone able to share image of a bump gate?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Apr 14 20:41:37 UTC 2021

I am looking for images of bump gates, available on open license

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dbump_gate

> drive-through gate used in rural areas to provide a barrier to livestock that does not
> require the driver to exit the vehicle, open the gate, drive through, and then close the gate.
> By contacting the swinging bump gate with the front of a vehicle and then accelerating,
> the bump gate is pushed open, allowing the vehicle to pass. This requires some skill
> to avoid the gate swinging back and striking the vehicle.

I am half-suspecting that it a joke, not a real thing :)

If you have such objects nearby - I would be happy to help with technical/legal
part of uploading image.

I have never seen such object so I will be unable to produce photo of it