[OSM-talk] Suggested mass edits

pangoSE pangose at riseup.net
Mon Apr 19 11:54:08 UTC 2021

>> Read the whole thread. LGTM. Thanks for keeping an eye on this garbage
>> data.
>> 👌
>
> After reading more reactions I take this back. I would prefer if we
> together analyse the histories of these relations and decide what to do
> about them.
>
> see https://gist.github.com/pangoSE/87c8706cc442930ebed8fab639d856fd
> First relation there is
> https://gist.github.com/pangoSE/87c8706cc442930ebed8fab639d856fd#file-relations-json-L12:
> 4344 but I'm having trouble finding the old members.
>
> First tool: https://osmlab.github.io/osm-deep-history/#/relation/4344
> gave only users and no members
> Second tool: https://osmhv.openstreetmap.de/blame.jsp?id=4344 => seems
> broken, no old members
> Third tool: overpass-turbo: Works! See analysis here
> https://gist.github.com/pangoSE/f7ba0f1cecd2913eda4523e7d457cf9f

Number 2 in the list:
https://osmlab.github.io/osm-deep-history/#/relation/7227
Last changed by https://osmcha.org/changesets/67725905/ by contributor
atpl_pilot. They edited in JOSM, but probably forgot to run the
validator after deleting all the ways of the relation.

I would contact the user and ask them to take a look similar to what I
did above with overpass-turbo. It does not take long and its not hard
once you get used to overpass.