[OSM-talk] Suggested mass edits

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 13:01:01 UTC 2021

On 19/04/2021 13:15, pangoSE wrote:

> Number 3 seems fishy.
> http://osm.mapki.com/history/relation.php?id=7566
> The user profile has been deleted it seems. No idea why or by whom. The
> 2 ways still exist.
An overpass query of this object when it had a geometry suggest it's
been replaced by another object - see https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/16lV .
> Vandalism?

No, it just looks like this user asked for their account to be deleted
by the admins.  If it's the user that I think it is, then they had a
number of "fairly colourful" discussions with other community members
and with the DWG.  It's difficult to be sure because usernames obviously
can be changed at will.

However this relation just looks like a case of merging the lake into
http://osm.mapki.com/history/relation.php?id=7567 and forgetting to
delete the old relation.  I'd have thought that an editor would do that
automatically, but it didn't happen here. This edit was at least 2 years
before they deleted their account. In this case it's perfectly safe to
delete the empty relation, since emptying it wasn't an accident or
malicious.

Best Regards,

Andy