[OSM-talk] LCCWG Moderation Subcommittee holding public discussions on Etiquette Guidelines

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Aug 31 23:50:03 UTC 2021

Darafei Praliaskouski via talk <talk at openstreetmap.org> writes:

> As non-native speaker, I see some words not being part of my active
> vocabulary:

I think that's a very useful comment in general.

>  - see facial expression, hear tone or see other cues - the word "cue"
>  - are part of the lifeblood of a successful project - the word "lifeblood"
>  - including deliberate intimidation or harassment - the word "intimidation"
>  - such as retaliation, personal insults, dead-naming, or innuendo. - words
> "retaliation", "innuendo". "dead-naming" I know but can foresee that it's
> not very widely known around my area.

I'm a native en_US speaker and I have no idea what "dead-naming" is.
I'm guessing it's a term that has come into use in the last few years.
I would suggest to limit vocabulary to words that were in widespread use
in perhaps 1990, except for essential technical jargon.