[OSM-talk] Tool to detect all accounts that created specific objects in a given area

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:08:58 UTC 2021

On 03/02/2021 07:33, Mateusz Konieczny via talk wrote:
> Is there some already existing tool to get authors of all people who
> edited
> some specific objects?

As a quick way of getting to the list of changesets, something like

http://osm.mapki.com/history/node.php?id=820873588

would work.

> I ask this as I run into big undiscussed import, that is likely a
> copyright violation
> and involves such uneditable objects as landuse=farmland made of 933 ways.

How best to handle it rather depends what else those 933 ways are used
for - were they existing OSM features or added by the import?

Other considerations would be rubbish the import is (even if not a
copyright violation I can think of some landuse imports that make OSM
worse), and how much IP is left from the original source - while
cleaning up some "Google" stuff with a DWG hat on in some cases I've
found some examples of e.g. roads where:

  * The original source of name and geometry was Google
  * The name's since been changed to match survey or other valid source
  * The geometry's since been changed to match Bing, Esri, or whatever
  * There's basically nothing left from "Google" - all that needs to be
    done is to redact the appropriate older versions

Best Regards,

Andy