[OSM-talk] Drain socks

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 10:50:43 UTC 2021

On 26/2/21 10:31 am, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 26 Feb 2021, at 00:13, François Lacombe
>> <fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A tagging proposal is currently drafted on the wiki regarding
>> drain/pipes outlets.k
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Outlets_proposal
>

> the term outlet is quite generic, but you want to limit the
> application of the tag to fluidsk
> , or did I get you wrong? Because I imagine ventilation outlets (e.g.
> for the subway, or garage ventilation, tunnels, etc.) would be
> interesting to tag too.

The 'sock' is a method of not letting waste (rubbish) continue along a
water way ..

These are a maintenance nightmare, if they fill they can block the water
flow causing flooding further up.

Far better are weir like structures that allow overflow to continue even
though this may discharge waste e.g. a 'trash rack'.

https://urbanassetsolutions.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Ecosol-Trash-Rack-2.jpg

I think these could be better termed 'filters' as some are located away
fromt epipe outlet .. some are settlement ponds just beyond the pipe
outlet.

Filters for air could be finer and of less strenth compared to water
filters. So posibly 'water_filter=* might be best to differentiate them?