[OSM-talk] Potlatch 3 for desktop

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Jan 1 16:23:26 UTC 2021

On 1 Jan 2021, 16:16 +0000, John Whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com>, wrote:
> Could you just touch on the security side for a moment.  I get the impression that if AIR is installed then as long as only potlatch is used then the security risk is very low unlike Flash.  Can I assume that a browser will not call on it to display part of a web site?

It's a desktop application just like any other and has the same constraints and opportunities as any other application. There is no communication from your browser other than the one-way, user-initiated Remote Control mechanism as used by JOSM, Merkaartor etc. You do not need to install AIR yourself, the application build takes care of that.

Richard