[OSM-talk] Identical Duplicate buildings

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 18:55:01 UTC 2021

I'm seeing a large number from mappers who are using iD.  Typically mappers
with less than 200 edits.

#hotosm-task-278 on the change set for one group that stood out.

What puzzles me is it looks as if they are uploading the same information
twice.   I note that sometimes two mapperid's are involved but it seems
very unlikely that two mappers would incorrectly map the same building in
an identical way. I don't think JOSM allows that but I don't know iD well
enough.

Is there some guidance we can give to avoid the problem.

Thanks John