[OSM-talk] Artsakh

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:50:53 UTC 2021

On 01/07/2021 16:31, Jérôme Amagat wrote:
> User İsmət_S (https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/İsm
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/%C4%B0sm>ət_S/history) deleted the
> Republic of Artsakh and changed Armenian names. If anyone wants to
> check all his changesets from a week ago to see if everything needs to
> be reverted or not.

Much of what they'd added in their previous edits in OSM had been
reverted previously.  I'm reverting the new stuff (see
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/106917429 ), and any of the old
stuff left (which at the very least is untrustworthy since all recent
edits are just vandalism).  If that's too drastic I can instead only do
the last week.

With regard to vandalism reports, an email to the Data Working Group
(see https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Data_Working_Group , email via
data at openstreetmap.org ) will normally suffice, rather than the main
talk list.  This area is subject to quite a lot of vandalism, for
obvious reasons, and there are a number of OSM mappers (not just the
DWG) helping keep on top of things here.  Normally things get picked up
in less than a week, but this didn't happen in this case.

If anyone's got any specific queries about the detail of these edits or
this revert it's probably better to comment on the changeset or mail the
DWG directly rather than the main talk list, although I'd argue that
"what sort of tagging makes sense for the country and sub-country
entities that there are here" does make sense for an international list
(either here or tagging).

Best Regards,

Andy (from the DWG)