[OSM-talk] Highway access on hospital grounds

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 22:35:00 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 5 Jul 2021, at 23:59, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>
> I agree that the tagging scheme should cover "acesss=customers" for
> pretty much all ways, and the trouble is that is has to bind a way to a
> set of places you might be a customer of.

the access=customer is actually meant to be about potential customers in some context. I guess you are only a real customer if you buy something, but until you buy something or leave you are still a potential customer, which for the purpose of access to a shop or the parking of a retail area is just as good.
The same customers tag for a toilet in a restaurant or for example beach resort or camp site has slightly different meaning, you already should be a (real) customer of the place in order to be admitted (or count on their courtesy).

Cheers Martin