[OSM-talk] Streetcomplete and Geographically Large Changesets

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 21:55:01 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 3:25 PM Justin Tracey <j3tracey at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 2) Is there a work around?
>
> Uploading solved quests manually before solving a geographically distant
> quest, it's a pretty prominent button in the upper right of the main
> screen. Once another quest (of the same type) has been solved, then no,
> there's no way to split them geographically, aside from undoing,
> pushing, then redoing.

This is very helpful.  I have included this in a changeset comment to the
mapper on one of the offending changesets.

> As I say above, it's a possible honest mistake from spotty connectivity
> (something entirely plausible when hopping on a plane). It requires some
> context really; is it a bunch of quests local to one area, a few quests
> with a massive bounding box in two areas, then a bunch of local quests
> in a new area?

There are several different changesets[0], each has a bunch of edits in
Egan, MN, and a bunch of edits in Boulder Colorado.  In addition, one has
an edit  somewhere in the middle of Iowa (which honestly might be one route
one would take if driving between the two locations - but you would have
connectivity several places along the way, e.g. Des Moines, IA )

Mike

[0]