[OSM-talk] Streetcomplete and Geographically Large Changesets

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Jul 25 18:02:58 UTC 2021

Jul 25, 2021, 19:16 by andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk:

> On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 at 17:36, Mateusz Konieczny via talk
> <talk at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
>> Jul 25, 2021, 15:15 by andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk:
>>
>>> You make assertions; they are not facts.
>>>

>> StreetComplete explicitly ask to use it for survey and survey only.
>>

> With the possible exception of aerial imagery, all of the scenarios I
> listed involve surveying.

I would not consider

"refers to recent images in Mapilary or Wikimedia Commons, or
open-licensed aerial imagery"

to be a survey, and StreetComplete clearly asks to not use it for
such purposes.

>> * Mapillary, Wikimedia Commons, and other public streetlevel imagery
>> sources are not survey sources
>>

> They can be. Suppose I fix a dashcam, and upload the images from my
> journey to Mapilary or Commons, as it is not safe to edit and drive at
> the same time? In what way is that not a "survey"?

As mentioned in my reply
"Solving quests based on photos you just made seems unusual but should be fine"

>> Again, they definitely should not be used with StreetComplete.
>>

> Again: baseless assertion.

StreetComplete explicitly ask to use it for survey and survey only."Are you sure you checked this on-site?""Only information that was found on a survey should be entered."