[OSM-talk] Mechanical Edit?

Ehnon Ehmous eh.non.eh.mous at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 04:41:49 UTC 2021

Can some of these experienced people step up? What was the excuse or
difficulty that prevented a mechanical edit in this example?

The system is going to grow in complexity as more features are added, and
more people tag things as they like. When we are able to get people to
agree on
something (such as deprecating something), should we not clean up where we
can?

Conversely if we can't trust a central information share about the nature
of deprecated items, then it provides little use.
In fact the quoted "Automated Edits code of conduct" is on the wiki, so if
deprecated is not something everybody agrees with, then
it seems fine to treat the "Code of conduct" the same. Useful sometimes,
but ignorable when it suits anybody's fancy.