[OSM-talk] Mechanical Edit?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 27 22:17:08 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 7/27/21 16:50, Mateusz Konieczny via talk wrote:
>> Changesets should be assessed on the *quality* not quantity.
>
> for automated/semiautomated edits quality includes also quality of
> documentation/discussion/consensus.

Yes, we have definitely reverted undiscussed map edits where 99% of
edits were an improvement and 1% were making things worse, just to prove
a point. This is necessary, otherwise people just ignore the rules
willy-nilly and say "but you didn't revert it when that guy did it".

Almost every time someone proposes to do something stupid in OSM, when
faced with criticism, the response is "but a similar thing has been done
in the past".

My response is always, the fact that some things are shit in OSM isn't a
license to add more shit.

Bye
Frederik