[OSM-talk] Automatic problem fixing is an automated edit

Casper Kersten casperkersten1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:51:00 UTC 2021

Dear Frederik Ramm,

So the community has to ask for your permission each time we press ctrl+F?
That seems a little unrealistic, don't you think?

You also seem to be presenting your opinion as an undisputed or even
indisputable fact with complete disregard for the ongoing discussion and
other opinions.

Your statement also completely fails to address the huge and growing amount
of bad data that OSM has. See for example Pages that link to
"Template:PossibleSynonym" - OpenStreetMap Wiki
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:PossibleSynonym&from=0>
get a rough idea of data that can easily be improved without much
controversy if you end this harmful policy.

Best regards,

Casper