[OSM-talk] Field surveying app - alert near marker/waypoint

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:59:42 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 7:09 PM Erwin Olario <govvin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Magic Earth,

I like the name!  Maybe someday I will write a book about my OSM mapping
experience called "Mapping on the Edge of Magic"!

which also uses OpenStreetMap, also has this feature, known as "Set Alert".

I just tried it, and it seems it sends an email if the device get's within
a specified distance of a programmed location.  When out surveying I am
often out of cell range, so this probably will not work for me.   Also, the
minimum distance seems to be ~600 feet, which seems to be a bit much.

Thanks,

Mike