[OSM-talk] SotM 2021 updates: Geomob feature and Sign up for a self-organized session or as a volunteer!

Arnalie Vicario afsvicario at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 21:24:05 UTC 2021

Dear all,

We are happy to share that SotM 2021 (presented by Gregory Marler) has been
featured in the Geomob podcast! *Listen now*
<https://thegeomob.com/podcast/episode-82> to learn more on what to expect
and look forward to in the upcoming #SotM2021!

In addition, the OSM wiki pages to sign up for a Self-organized Session and
as a Volunteer for SotM are now up!

* Self-organized Session *
Sign up here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2021/self-organized_sessions

Besides the main programme of SotM, we want to offer space for
self-organized sessions. In past years, those sessions were a large
success. A lot of topics are well placed in smaller rounds. Your topic has
to be related to OpenStreetMap, and organizers/participants should have a
conference ticket and abide by the SotM Code of Conduct
<https://2021.stateofthemap.org/codeofconduct/>.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to ask us - please email program-
sotm at openstreetmap.org.

* Volunteer Roles for SotM *
Sign up and more info here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2021/volunteers
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2021/volunteers>

Do you want to participate at SotM 2021 as a volunteer? We need help in the
following roles:

   - Session Host
   - Video Cutting
   - Technical Assistant
   - BigBlueButton Assistant
   - Infodesk
   - Translation Volunteer

Those who are not in contact with the SotM working group yet, please send a
short email to sotm at openstreetmap.org. We need your email addresses to
coordinate everything!

*Reminder on Open Calls deadlines:*1. Call for Lightning Talks (Deadline: 2
July):
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2021/registration_lightning_talks

Thank you :)

Arnalie