[OSM-talk] You are still free to continue to use or interpret this tag as you see fit since OpenStreetMap does not have “banned features”

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Mar 16 15:32:07 UTC 2021

Mar 16, 2021, 14:32 by talk at openstreetmap.org:

> Developers develop      the software end users use to e.g. find their places,
> navigate      through public transport etc. which in turn do not even realize      where the data comes from.

Then they are using OSM data illegally, in breach of ODBL license that requires clear attribution.

See https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright

I would support various actions that would make it more obvious to them,
including legal action by OSMF that would include DMCA takedowns.

"This makes things easier for copyright violators" is not a good argument.

Documentation is at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process