[OSM-talk] You are still free to continue to use or interpret this tag as you see fit since OpenStreetMap does not have “banned features”

Hauke Stieler mail at hauke-stieler.de
Tue Mar 30 22:43:52 UTC 2021

Hi,

I referred to the technical complexity of the problem. Let me reformulate
this: The number of code lines should not be very high in order to deal with
multiple tags meaning the same.

It's a simple decision a developer has to take: What value would I use? None
of them? All of them? The first I see? Do I show a warning to the end user?
etc.

Finding answers to these questions and implementing this accordingly is IMHO
not very challenging regarding the programming part. The discussion between
developers finding consensus is probably the difficult part here.

Hauke