[OSM-talk] Is there a tool to generate OSM based website about route?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri May 28 20:06:53 UTC 2021

I want to share some bicycle routes, and while I expect that this tool
does not yet exists I hope that I am wrong.

Is there some existing tool where I can specify some key point
(or GPX track) and get some overview like:

- OSM based map displaying route
- elevation profile
- summary of length/time/total elevation
- statistics about surface of ways forming route

Ideally it would be some process that would generate static
HTML file that can be then hosted and will not bitrot.

I am aware that I can code it myself (leaflet + DEM data + etc).

I know that Google Earth would mostly work but displaying proper
(=OSM based) maps is against their ToS from what I understand.

I would be fine with some third party website, though I would prefer
something self-hosted and less likely to disappear.