[OSM-talk] Mass-replace outdated water=salt

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 20:39:34 UTC 2021

I am not opposed to the general concept, however:

1) The specific process you plan to use should be documented on the wiki.
If it is simple, then this should be easy.
2) Salt water in Colorado? This seems a little unlikely.  I downloaded some
of the NHD and I can't see how the original importer determined that these
were salt water.  There is a possible ftype in the NHD for estuary which
would imply salt water, but the features I looked at didn't have this
ftype.  A mass mechanical edit may simply perpetuate bad data here.

Mike