[OSM-talk] TomTom targeting OSM-using businesses for "market research"

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Oct 8 09:24:25 UTC 2021

Hi,

today I got a non-personalised email to my business address from a
TomTom employee that said (translating here from German):

"My name is X and I work for TomTom. I am writing about OpenStreetMap.
We understand that OSM is important for your businesss. We see the
advantages of OpenStreetMap and we would be grateful if you could take
the time to discuss this with us. We are doing market research for
products. Do you have 15-20 minutes to answer a few questions?"

I know of at least one other small business in the OSM sphere who has
received a similar message.

I'm curious how they picked whom to contact. Anyone else got messages
like that?

Bye
Frederik