[OSM-talk] Metrics

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Oct 17 11:08:17 UTC 2021

Oct 17, 2021, 12:01 by andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk:

> On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 at 06:20, Mateusz Konieczny via talk
> <> talk at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>
> >  that is why quality of paid editing is usually problematic
>
> Is it? Or do we only see low-quality paid editing brought here for discussion (or to the Data Working Group for reversion), while good quality paid editing goes unremarked?

Maybe it depends on area but in Poland overall value of paid editing
is negative in my impression.

To be clear, Yanosik is a case of company making excellent edits and
being a very valuable part of OSM community.

But for example Rocketdata is so annoying that overall it feels neutral
or negative.

See edit warring with mappers such as at
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8152401642/history - after
repeatedly claiming that they will update only opening hours!

(it was reported to DWG, paid mapper in question has not received
even 0-time block despite multiple new violations since
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/4746 that was also
completely ignored)