[Tile-serving] [osm2pgsql] Providing OSX binaries/packages (#15)

Dane Springmeyer notifications at github.com
Thu Apr 4 23:29:40 UTC 2013

I volunteer to build/provide binary packages of osm2pgsql for Mac OS X.

But ideally for me to be able to do this I need:

- An official release, or at least a http://semver.org compatible tag
- An agreed upon place to put the binaries that people can trust linking to long into the future from around the web.

Questions? Thoughts?

Why not homebrew for OS X? Because osm2pgsql was kicked out of homebrew for always being broken. It was always broken because the formula pulled from svn head because of lacking releases. So, while homebrew would be the preferred method I think starting with binary packages is a good first step. If osm2pgsql, hopefully through @apmon's leadership, starts providing frequent stable, tagged releases then maybe we, as a community, could consider re-submitting a formula to homebrew.

---
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/issues/15