[Tile-serving] [mod_tile] Does "tile_dir" option really work? (#7)

apmon notifications at github.com
Fri Apr 5 18:30:02 UTC 2013

Yes, as far as I know it does work.

However, you do have to be careful, as the tile_dir option in the [renderd] section of renderd.conf only applies to renderd. Mod_tile does not currently use the tile_dir option from the default [renderd] section. Instead mod_tile needs to be configured with the ModTileTileDir directive in the apache site config file. I just noticed that option is currently not documented in the example site configuration, which I'll need to fix.

Since commit 03dedd4ec33c9d5e6495ea54d8a36b4ad916f65b you can now even specify a tile_dir per style file in renderd.conf (e.g. if one style lives on local storage, one style lives in memory via memcached and one style is proxyied from a remote server). This then is actually correctly read by mod_tile again, ensuring that your renderd and mod_tile settings stay in sync. I noticed that again I forgot to add and document this new possibility to the default renderd.conf in the repository.

---
https://github.com/openstreetmap/mod_tile/issues/7#issuecomment-15972623