[Tile-serving] [osm2pgsql] Providing Windows binaries/packages (#17)

Jason Huntley notifications at github.com
Thu Apr 11 21:34:15 UTC 2013

```
Nice to see those efforts. Having any form of working osm2pgsql on windows is obviously a good start, but the more "native" the compile is, the better. If I understand it correctly mingw is more "native" than cygwin, so that would be preferable.
```
Correct, mingw64 is definitely preferred, and I will providing the mingw64 build as soon as i tie up some lose ends with a  Mapnik issue I'm working on in mingw 64 bit.

I'm very close to providing a stable build with MinGW-AD64S:

https://github.com/onepremise/MinGW-AD64S

Until then, I have the cygwin version, with 64bit IDs enabled,  available here:

https://vanguard.houghtonassociates.com/browse/OSM-OSM2PSQL-35/artifact

Another build will follow up with the latest osm2pgsql updates.

---
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/issues/17#issuecomment-16262960