[Tile-serving] ASTER GDEM v2 download

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Fri Jun 28 17:58:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

This isn't exactly osm tile-serving, but since ASTER DEM are sometimes used
along OSM data, some of you might have allready downloaded the ASTER's world
data set and probably could save me some headache.

I'm using ;
http://reverb.echo.nasa.gov/reverb/
and fighting with it hard !
After some bbox selection, select by ID granule, add to cart and form feeding,
I ended with some (roughly exagerated) message like :

"There are 22702 1°x1° files "granules" for you to download, but you can only
order them by pack of 2000 ; and we are beeing nice, you can clic in the list
bellow one by one the 22k files or clic 'all' but that's over the limit and
we wont remember those you allready got"

Well, has anyone an other idea to get that or has allready done some strip by
strip download and could provide me (secretly) a link to some directory
containing the 22k zips or tiffs ?

Beer offered next time we meet for saving me 5 painfull hours ;-)

--
sly, DWG member since 11/2012
Coordinateur du groupe [ga]